XL Premium Silver Range
Manufactured from Premium 1.25% Carbon Steel, designed specifically to provide the user with additional sharpness for enhanced cutting performance.
Please contact us for purchasing information.
Why Choose XL Silver?
There are many reasons to consider XL Silver. Please see below for further information.
- 100% Made In Sheffield, England.
- Made from high quality 1.25% Carbon Steel for excellent durability.
- Higher carbon content means that the steel can be heat treated to a higher tolerance enabling us to get a razor sharp cutting edge.
- Polished Finish acts as rust inhibitor and enhances the slip factor when cutting therefore decreasing blade drag, reducing friction for a sharper feel and leading to a longer lasting product.
- Proven to be up to 4 x Sharper than standard blades.
- Blades stay sharper for longer subsequently reducing both user handling which in turn reduces the risk of accidental injuries and tool downtime, ensuring a more productive and cost effective blade.
- Specifically designed to provide a sharper cutting edge for longer.
- Range of user friendly packaging available.
Where Sharpness Consistently Matters
Premium 1.25% Carbon Steel + Superior Manufacturing Capabilities = Enhanced Razor Sharp Cutting Performance.
Art & Science behind XL Premium Silver
- Finest high grade premium 1.25% Carbon Steel is assessed and evaluated by our steel specialists to ensure that it conforms to the Jewel Blade Quality Assured Standard.
- High Speed Performance Presses stamp the blades with the mark of quality ‘XL Premium’.
- Our unique specialised thermodynamic hardening and tempering heat treatment process, transforms the steel's microstructural atom properties, manifesting in a consistent hardened metallurgical structure.
- Utilising the latest grinding technology ensures precision razor sharpness.
- Surface finishing optimises cutting performance for the user's benefit providing higher productivity yields.
Technical expertise along with innovative high level intelligence testing solutions ensures that the steel characteristics and blade edge geometries are analysed and monitored throughout Jewel’s complex manufacturing processes. This guarantees a consistent molecular structure and sustained blade edge retention for additional razor sharpness.
Introducing Our Blade Designs
The XL Premium Silver range is available for various cutting applications with a wide choice of blade designs available to suit your specific industry sector and cutting task.
If you are unable to find a suitable blade from the range illustrated or require any advice on our bespoke design service, please contact our experienced team for further advice.
Our range of Straight Trapezoidal Trimming Knife blades are designed to fit various professional Knives & Cutters. With a precision honed edge for consistent and long cutting life, these blades are ideal for use in multiple industries including Flooring, Roofing, Construction & Building, Joinery, Automotive interior components, Gardening and many more.
Our diverse range of Hook Trimming Knife blades are ideal for use in various industrial sectors including Roofing, Flooring and Textiles, providing the user with the ability to cut without damaging the contents beneath. Versatile blade designs to suit various cutting tools, professional knives and cutters.
Our range of Concave Trimming Knife blades are perfect for precision control when cutting and scoring various materials including LVT, 6mm Plywood, leather, wood, composite aluminium sheeting and craft materials. Our Concave blades are the ideal cutting solution where increased accuracy is paramount.
Our 9mm & 18mm Snap Off Trimming Knife blades are ideal for the professional tradesmen or DIY market and are designed to fit various professional snap off knives and cutters. With either 8 or 13 breakaway/snap cutting segments depending on your choice, our Snap Off blades are excellent for use in various industries including Automotive, Decorating, DIY, Flooring, Jewellery, Roofing and Textiles.
Our 9mm & 18mm Non-Segmented Trimming Knife blades are ideal for industrial applications and designed to fit various professional knives and cutters. The perfect cutting solution for use in the Automotive, Glazing, Decorating, Films and Packaging Industries.
Our Insulation blades are available in a range of sizes consisting of 100mm, 130mm, 150mm & 160mm in length to suit individual preference and specific cutting requirements. Utilised predominantly in the Building & Construction Industry, these blades are perfect for cutting Plasterboard, Insulation materials and much more. Designed to fit most professional knives and cutters.
XL Silver Packaging Options
- Poly/Cellophane wraps of 5 Blades, 100 Blades Per Box
- VCI Paper Wraps of 5 Blades, 100 Blades Per Plastic Reusable Box
- Safety Dispensers of 10 Blades, 100 Blades Per Box
- Plastic Tube of 10 Blades, 100 Blades Per Box
- Safety Dispensers of 10 Blades with Hanging Loop, 100 Blades Per Box
- Plastic Hanging Tubes of 10 Blades, 100 Blades Per Box
- Clear Blister on a Retail Hanging Card, 20 Cards Per Box. Available in 5 or 10 Blades
- Safety Dispenser on a Blister Retail Hanging Card, 20 Cards Per Box. Available in 5 or 10 Blades
- Plastic Tube of 10 Blades on a Blister Retail Hanging Card, 20 Cards Per Box
- Safety Dispenser of 10 Blades with Hanging Loop on a Blister Retail Card, 20 Cards Per Box
XL Premium Silver Case Studies / User Experiences
Paul Finch NICF Master Fitter
"Its razor sharp cutting edge provides an improved quality feel when cutting. The blades glide through carpet with precision and ease allowing you to apply less force reducing squashing and pile distortion for a better seam/joint finish. With a sharper blade edge you get a smoother cut that requires less effort reducing strain and providing more control when freehand cutting and scoring allowing you to make longer, more accurate even cuts without having to stop and restart. Overall you can get the job done quicker and to a superior standard."
David Russell Curriculum Manager at CP Assessments
"You can immediately feel the difference between the standard blades and the XL Premium Silver", David was extremely impressed with the high quality of these blades and is an advocate for them staying ‘sharper for longer’ making light work of fitting carpet on 32 Winders/Stairs where he used 1 x XL Premium Silver blade in comparison to usually dulling anything up to 10 standard conventional blades. With fewer blade changes minimising tool downtime he was able to complete the job more efficiently.
Tool TesterA tool tester found that when fitting out a Christian Louboutin shop in London with carpet that our XL Premium Silver blades were incredible and where he would have normally blunted 10 blades he only dulled 2 of the XL Premium Silver.
“You can immediately feel the difference between the standard blades and the XL Premium Silver.”
David Russell, CP Assessments
XL Premium Silver Q&A
- Hi I am a floor layer and just wanted to know. On what materials will I most benefit using your XL Premium Silver blades?
The XL Premium Silver blades are ideal for use when you want to achieve a superior finish to your work. These blades stay sharper for longer making it easier to cut through various materials.
- Carpet and Underlays
- Ideal when scoring smaller quantities of LVT
Our XL Premium Silver blades are also great for use in other industries
- Decorating - Trimming Wallpaper
- Leather Trimming
- General Construction
- Automotive - Window Tinting
- Are your XL Premium Blades comparable to what our customers often refer to as the German Blades?
Thank you very much for your question regarding our XL Premium Range. The simple answer to your question is yes.
The German Blades you refer to are manufactured from a 1.25% Carbon Steel whereas the UK Industry standard is a 1% Carbon Steel. Our innovative XL Premium Silver & Gold range has been designed, developed and manufactured using a high quality premium 1.25% Carbon Steel.
The only major difference other than the manufacturing location is that here at Jewel, we surface finish all of our XL Premium products which enhances the blades slip factor reducing the amount of friction generated thus enabling the blades to retain a sharper cutting edge for longer.
Sales & Distributor Enquiries
Please complete the following contact form and our sales team will call you back!